This bibliography concerns various health issues that may be encountered by musicians (especially players of the recorder), among them muscular-skeletal issues, allergies to woods, and poisoning by preservative oils. A more convenient and flexible way of exploring it is via the Zotero citation database underlying this web-site. The Zotero interface is straightforward to use and allows you to export selected entries in a variety of formats and to create your own citation lists in a range of journal styles. All you need is your web-browser. This will be of particular assistance to students and researchers.
- Berque, Patrice. 2007. “Musician’s Health Scotland.”
- Gambicher, Thilo, Stefanie Boms, and Marcus Freitag. 2004. “Contact Dermatitis and Other Skin Conditions in Instrumental Musicians.” BMC Dermatology 4 (1): 3.
- Jameson, Timothy. 2015. “Musicians’ Health.”
- Klickstein, Gerald. 2009. The Musician’s Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance, and Wellness. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Markshausen, Paul. 2015. “Musicians and Injuries.” University of Nebraska. Accessed June 6.
- Miller, Kayleight. 2015. “Musicians’ Health Collective: Supporting the Health of Musicians.” Accessed June 6.
- Mitchell, John, and Arthur James Rook. 1979. Botanical Dermatology. Vancouver: Greengrass.
- Mitchell, John, and Arthur James Rook. 1994. “Botanical Dermatology Database (BoDD).”
- Norris, Richard, and Deborah Torch. 1993. The Musician’s Survival Manual a Guide to Preventing and Treating Injuries in Instrumentalists. St Loius: MMB Music.
- Rickover, Robert. 2015. “The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique.” Alexander Technique Nebraska and Toronto, and Life Bridge Coaching. Accessed July 1.
- Watson, Alan, H. 2009. The Biology of Musical Performance and Performance Related Injury. Lanham: Scarecrow Press.
- “Occupational Health for Musicians.” 2014. Johns Hopikins, Peabody Institute.
- “Musicians’ Health Websites.” 2015. Ashland University. Accessed June 6..
Cite this article as: Lander, Nicholas S. 1996–2019. Recorder Home Page: Technique: Health issues. Last accessed 23 August 2019. http://www.recorderhomepage.net/technique/health-issues/